7:44 AM

(0) Comments

What Matters Most -Luck or Performance?

kerala friend





These beautiful stories tell us whether luck or performance matteers in success. Funny and meaningful stories.



Luck matters ;-)

With a pile of 300 resumes on his desk and a need to pick someone quickly, my boss told me to make calls on the bottom 50 and toss the rest. "Throw away 250 resumes?" I asked, shocked.

"What if the best candidates are in there?"


"You have a point," he said. "But then again, I don't need people with bad luck here." ------------- Becky Horowitz(Reader's digest)




Performance & Position ;-)


A Priest dies & is awaiting his turn in line at the Heaven's Gates.
Ahead of him is a guy, fashionably dressed, in dark sun glasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket & jeans.

God asks him: Please tell me who are you, so that I may know whether to admit you into the kingdom of Heaven or not?

The guy replies: I am Pandi, Auto driver from Chennai!

God consults his ledger, smiles & says to Pandi: Please take this silken robe and gold scarf and enter the Kingdom of Heaven...

Now it is the priest's turn. He stands erect and speaks out in a booming voice: I am Pope's Assistant so and so, Head Priest of the so and so Church for the last 40 years.

God consults his ledger and says to the Priest: Please take this cotton robe and enter the Kingdom of Heaven...

'Just a minute,' says the agonized Priest. 'How is it that a foul mouth, rash driving Auto Driver is given a Silken robe & a Golden scarf and me, a Priest, who's spent his whole life preaching your Name & goodness has to make do with a Cotton robe?'

'Results my friend, results,' shru gs God.

'While you preach, people sleep; but when he drove his Auto, people PRAYED .

’ It’s PERFORMANCE & not POSITION that ultimately counts.
Free Email Subscription
Enter your email address:
Enter the 5-digit code displayed:
Free email subscription widget