10:22 PM

(0) Comments

Superb Story : THE GIRL I MET IN TRAIN

kerala friend


THE GIRL I MET IN TRAIN


It was not a normal day where I used to wake up late at 9 o’clock and get ready for my shift that starts at 2pm. That friday I had to start early and leave early from my office, because I have to start to kerala that evening to attend my friend’s marriage. If you think that I am going to tell something about the trip to kerala… then you are absolutely wrong, this is about the train travel to office in that friday morning.
Went to beach station to catch my 8.30 train to pranur, just ringed my friend who usually comes at that time…
“Hey ashik… where are you da..?”
“…..”
“come soon.. train is in 3rd platform… will start in few minutes..”
“ …..”
“ok bye..”
After a few minutes, he appeared with a Friday casuals… we were walking fast to the 3rd compartment in which we usually travel… but that day unfortunately we didn’t get the window seat. I usually bring a newspaper to read, so that I can pass the time in that one and a half hours long journey. But I didn’t know at that time that this newspaper will give me such a beautiful experience.
The train passed “Fort” station, then came “Park”, where usually all the crowd comes in and occupies almost all the seats of the train. I don’t know if it is my fortune or it just happened normally, a girl came and occupied the seat that was exactly opposite to me…
 
She was wearing a pink sleeveless top and a blue jean, she was bubbly and was so cute, I cant resist myself looking at her, I wont say that everyone will love her, but I can dare say that everyone will like her for her cute smile. Only sad thing is.. her Father was with her…
 
Me and my friend were looking at her. And enjoying each and every cute reactions that she gave while talking to her dad. But still, we were pretending to read the newspaper. But suddenly I can see her reading the news from my newspaper, and she was discussing about the same with her father, and she was wrong about almost every news, Her father was correcting and explaining her.
 
“thilak… this is ur chance… don’t miss it…” Something told me from inside…
 
Next time she read a news and told the same to her father, as usual she was wrong, this time I interrupted and talked to her, corrected and explained about the news that she wrongly understood.
I didn’t know why my friend was giving strange looks at me… anyway I didn’t wanted to stop talking with her… Felt that he too wanted to talk with her… he tried his best, but she was more interested to talk  only to me…
 
“Where are you going?” she asked me…
“To my office” I replied…
 
Then she was asking about me and my workplace.. Wow… I was telling everything about me to her… then I asked her name, she suddenly looked her dad’s face… man… c’mon why do these girls behave such a way…? Is she afraid to tell her name in front of her dad or is she not willing to answer me…? I was asking myself,
meanwhile her dad just nodded, and then she turned towards me and said “JANANI... “
“Sweet name…” I replied…
‘Why did I say so…? Is that name really sweet…?’ I asked myself and I was thinking whether to tell my name or should I wait till she asks it.. finally decided to wait, but that’s sad, she didn’t wanted to know my . But she didn’t stop talking to me, she was very jovial and she was telling about her studies and all the subjects that she has…
When the train reached “Tambaram”, the man who was sitting near me stood up.
 
“shall I sit in that place…” she asked me…
I was perplexed for a moment, and I didn’t answer anything…
“I like window seat… please…” she asked again…
Do you think that I refused this offer…??
 
‘Nothing happens without a reason’ I said to myself,  I really was fortunate not to get window seat today…
“then…?” I asked..
“then what…?” she replied..
“Where do you stay…?”
“E16, Pioneer colony, Anna nagar…” she replied immediately…
I didn’t expect that she will tell her full address and her dad was giving mixed reactions… I didn’t know how to react… I didn’t ask any further questions…
There was complete silence for sometime…
“How long will it take for you to reach ur station..?” she broke the silence with this question..
“another 15 mins or so…” I replied…
“Where are you going…?” I queried this time..
“To my uncle’s home.. took leave today..” she replied..
Suddenly my phone shouted with its ringtone, it was my friend, just a casual talk and I hung up…
“What phone is this…?” she asked..
“E71..”
“What is your phone number…?”
Man… this cute doll is asking my phone number… am I dreaming…?
My friend was also surprised… “machi… kekraa la… kudu da…” he told me…
“You wont give ur phone number to me…?” she asked again…
“y.. ya ya… w.. with pleasure… note it down…” I said with some breaking words
she pulled a paper and a pen from his father’s pocket… and noted down my number digit by digit…
should I ask her number…? But I think she doesn’t own a mobile…
“I don’t have a mobile, can you take my father’s number…?”
“yeah sure…” I said and noted the number…
 
but I don’t think I will call her father and ask him to give it to her daughter who doesn’t even know my name…
and my train was upto reach paranur…
“I am gonna reach… You wanna visit my office…?” I asked…
“No I will only be with my dad…” she said…
“Ok don’t forget me… call me…”
“ya sure… will call you from my dad’s mobile…”
I waved my hands at her… “bubye…”
she waved back… “bye…”
 
I got down… and still she was waving her hand from the window…
I could not forget her face… JANANI… I don’t know if her name is sweet or not, but she really is a very sweet and cute girl… I could not forget her reactions… especially when she was telling about her class teacher and the rhymes that she told in english and tamil… After all… Whatelse can we expect from a 4 year old girl who is studying LKG… Lol!!!!!!!!!



Free Email Subscription
Enter your email address:
Enter the 5-digit code displayed:
Free email subscription widget